Berkshire Organics is a local, family-owned business created to bring area residents and local farms together. Our market offers the freshest, local & organic produce, local meat, farm fresh dairy, groceries, breads, baked goods, gluten-free foods, personal care, cleaning products & much more. We deliver fresh, local and organic produce and groceries to homes and businesses throughout Berkshire County.
- Everything is certified organic or locally, sustainably produced
- We work with over 50 local farms and businesses
- Order a produce basket or individual items (minimum order $35) for delivery or pickup
- Customize your order
- Competitive Prices
- No commitment. Order any time!
Let us bring the farmer's market to your door!
- June 29, 2016The Berkshire Organics Market will be CLOSED Monday, July 4th, 2016.
We will reopen Tuesday 7/5 at 9am.
- August 6, 2015BERKSHIRE ORGANICS MARKET WILL REMAIN OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK 9AM-7PM DURING THE DELIVERY/BASKET WEEK BREAK 8/12-8/15. We hope you'll stop in the market to see us! Market will be fully stocked.
- June 30, 2015We'll be OPEN July 4th!
If you need anything for July 4th, we've got you covered!
We'll be open 10am-5pm.
- June 30, 2015We're Hiring!
Join the Berkshire Organics Team!Berkshire Organics Store CoordinatorYear-round position.20-30 hours per week with room to grow.Qualifications:· Strong customer service skills.· Exceptional interpersonal skills.· Passion for produce and local & organic food· Demonstrated good organizational skills.· High standard of integrity and reliability.· Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.· Self-motivated.· Attention to detail (ability to spot blemished items).· Punctuality.· Sense of urgency.· Strong verbal communication skills. Math skills.
· Effective written communication skills.· Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.Responsibilities:· Prepare the store for opening and/or closing· Check out customers on the register system using the credit card and Food Aid processing machines as needed.· Help create displays. Creativity and an eye for details, cleanliness and organization very important.· Retrieve produce baskets from the cooler for customers who come in to pick up their weekly order, check weekly list for extras and charge customer as indicated.· Direct the "runner" if available on the shift to replenish produce, grocery items and other inventory. If there is no runner this becomes the coordinator's responsibility.· Communicate important customer or store issues to owner or manager.· Present a positive, helpful and friendly face to all customers as the key representative of Berkshire Organics in the store.· Be willing to adjust working hours to meet the demands of the business, absences of others or other schedule issues.General:· Compensation: $12.00 per hour to start & employee discount· Location: Dalton, MA· NO phone calls about this job or in-store visits.· Please send cover letter, work availability and resume to email address firstname.lastname@example.org with Store Coordinator in subject line
- April 8, 2014Difficulty accessing your account, resetting your password, or using the "Send Us A Message" button - Please Read!NOTICE:We are working to revamp our website to accommodate the growth of our market and delivery service.If you experience any difficulty accessing your account, resetting your password, or if you are not getting a response using the "Send Us A Message" button, please call our market right away! We are working hard to resolve this issue and will be able to provide you with a quick solution over the phone.
We appreciate your continue support!413-442-0888We are open every day 9am-7pm!
- August 26, 2013
Berkshire Organics is the 1st Right to Know GMO Market in North America to be Spotlighted!
In 2008, Aleisha and Brian Gibbons started a small, local and organic produce delivery service out of their home in the Berkshires area of Massachusetts. Today they not only run a thriving, year-round market and delivery service, but they've also helped a friend, Pamela Denholm, start her own produce delivery service for residents in the South Boston area. And they've started a local school delivery program that they're converting into a 501(c)3 non-profit.
But that's not why we named Berkshire Organics to our list of Top 'Diligent Dozen" Right to Know Grocers. Berkshire Organics made our list because of Aleisha and Brian's commitment to educating themselves and consumers about GMOs, and to working to eliminate GMO products from their market, even when it means losing customers or profits.
Organic Consumers Association's Patrick Kerrigan from Minnesota visited our store and spent several hours with us last Tuesday learning all about Berkshire Organics. Click here to read why they chose us out of hundreds of stores across the country:
- May 27, 2013Celebrate With Us - 5 Year Anniversary Grillin & Chillin Party! Friday, May 31st 3pm-6pm at the Berkshire Organics Market. Don't Miss (Click this link):
This celebration is a thank you to our loyal customers for helping us reach our 5 years in business milestone. We couldn't have done it without such an amazing community supporting us!
Stop by the Berkshire Organics Market for lots of FREE Samples, FREE ICE CREAM, Live Music, Raffles & More!
Grill Tent - featuring local, pasture-raised hamburgers, cheeseburgers, hot dogs, sausages from Leahey Farm, Lee, MA & Busy Corner Farm, Cummington, MA
Maple Valley Free Ice Cream Scooping
Katalyst Kombucha Samples
Kosmic Kitchen Smoothie Demo - Katherine Miller will show us how she makes fabulous smoothies.
Berkshire Organics Kitchen Samples - Jeanne & Cassidy will offer many samples from our kitchen.
Appalachian Naturals Samples - Salad Dressings, Dips, Mustards, BBQ Sauce & More. Made in Goshen, MA.
Our Daily Bread Samples - sampling their gluten-free breads and regular loaves & cookies.
Monterey Chevre Samples - taste one of the finest cheeses made in the Berkshires.
Treeline Vegan Cheese Samples
Bola Granola Samples - taste the new gluten-free variety as well as the Bola Bar!
Maplebrook Cheese Samples - Mozzarella, Cheddar & Feta made in Bennington, VT.
Cricket Creek Cheese Samples - Try the creamy Berkshire Bloom along with Maggie's & Tobasi made in Williamstown, MA.
Raffles - Cash prize and gift certificates!
Meet Terry the Tomato - Terry makes her debut as the Berkshire Organics' mascot.
Live Music by Moonshine Holler - Moonshine Holler can only be described as "a two person music festival that captures the essence of American southern roots music." Featuring Appalachian ballads, blues and breakdowns on more musical instruments than they can juggle - fiddle, banjo, guitar, Hawaiian guitar, harmonica and ukulele - the duet has performed across the country and abroad.
- April 16, 2013Day 4 Kosmic Cleanse from Aleisha (Click to read more):
Since I started the cleanse, I notice changes and feel better each day. Eating this way makes me feel fantastic! When Katherine mentioned mental clarity as one of the changes you may experience, I was doubtful but yesterday I really did feel more focused and sharper than usual. Since I have increased my consumption of plant based foods, I feel lighter and even stronger. My body feels more nourished. One of the supplements I have really enjoyed taking is the Calm Magnesium. I take just a 1/2 teaspoon dissolved in water just before bed. Calm Magnesium is also called the anti-stress drink. It helps keep you regular as well. When I started the cleanse, I was worried about sleeping through the night and being restless but this product has prevented this from happening. One of the things Katherine stressed on last night's support call, was the importance of getting enough sleep. The body needs that time to rest, repair & restore every day. If you eat well and exercise, you're not doing yourself any good by depriving yourself of rest. This is something I am going to try and really focus on going forward. Five hours of sleep is not good enough.
I have still not felt any hunger on this cleanse. Whenever I feel light my blood sugar may be dropping, I heat up some soup or make a hummus wrap. Before exercising today I made a almond butter and banana wrap on Sami's gluten-free lavasch. It gave me all the energy I needed. Since starting the cleanse, every night I have had a salad for dinner so tonight I am really looking forward to a tofu vegetable stir-fry :)